Data Science Intern - Summer 2020
We are seeking a Data Science Intern to join our Oslo office for the summer of 2020.
At Western Bulk the Risk & Business Analysis team work as a start-up within a traditional industry. We use and experiment with the latest technology tools to sustain a commercial edge in a highly competitive and global shipping market. Join us on our journey!
About the role:
Western Bulk (WB) is seeking a data science summer intern to join the Risk & Business Analysis team in Oslo. Risk Management is a central part of WB's trading model, and the Risk & Business Analysis team is responsible for monitoring and managing market-, credit- and liquidity risk, as well as using data analytics and business intelligence tools to gain insight and help WB maintain a market edge.
As part of our team you will:
• Support different projects related to data science. This stretches from projects like using machine learning to predict vessel consumption, to using various statistical methods to forecast market movements.
• Develop and maintain models that allow the company to extract meaningful insight across all business areas.
We are looking for a motivated candidate who fit the below requirements:
• A student in Math/Statistics/Physics/Engineering/Finance/Computer Science or similar.
• Strong quantitative and analytic skills.
• High level of skills in Python or other similar programming languages, with knowledge of machine learning as a plus.
• Curious to learn about dry bulk shipping.
• Creativity when it comes to visual presentation of data and results.
• Strong written and verbal English skills.
• Unafraid to challenge established views.
You will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a young, highly dynamic and ambitious trading environment.
To apply for the position please click here.