Short Facts on WBC
- The history of Western Bulk starts in 1982, when the Company is established under the names Western Bulk Shipping and Western Bulk Carriers.
- Western Bulk is a global operator of dry bulk vessels and the world’s third largest operator of Supramax vessels.
- Western Bulk combines solid shipping experience with an asset-light, decentralised and trading-oriented business model.
- The headquarter is located in Oslo, and the company has offices in Casablanca, Singapore, Seattle and Santiago.
- Western Bulk is matching cargo with vessels under all market conditions; leasing vessels from various vessel owners and transporting cargo for a large number of customers worldwide.
- Risk management is a key part of Western Bulk's DNA, fundamentally important for our operations. Our risk management system includes various models to quantify risks, as well as policies and procedures to limit and control the market, counterparts and operational risks.
- Western Bulk has a flat and decentralized organisation, and our business units have a high degree of autonomy. This enables us to make decisions quickly, within the defined risk limits set, but it also supports information sharing by strengthening the co-operation and team spirit across the organisation.
- The management team of Western Bulk consists of CEO Hans Aasnæs, CFO Kenneth Thu and CRO Egil Husby.